2023 is looking promising to attend live conferences across the US and the water industry is eager to exchange ideas and share best practices or lessons learned with colleagues. Digital transformation has recently become a main discussion point because of several new opportunities now available, such as funding from the Water Infrastructure Bill or advancements in digital twin technology for water systems.
We’re spotlighting a few conferences we’re sure will “make a splash” in digital water.
The rise of the water technology conference
With thousands of water and wastewater industry professionals attending conferences each year, technology growing at a rapid pace, and funding freeing up for new initiatives, it's no wonder why water technology conferences are on the rise.
Why should you attend these conferences? What can you take away from attending? Well, we put together a list for you:
- Learn about the latest technologies in the water industry.
- Share your insights in the water industry and get valuable feedback.
- Connect with other digital-minded colleagues and find solutions to water challenges with new technologies.
- Meet people from different geographical areas, backgrounds, and cultural experiences than yourself.
- Bring learned knowledge to your company and implement new efficient practices and freshly acquired ideas.
- Preserve and enhance your greatest asset: yourself! Stephen Covey coined the term 'Sharpen the Saw', which means renewing yourself in four areas of your life: physical, social/emotional, mental, and spiritual. Attending conferences will pamper you mentally and spiritually.
- Expand your network by gaining new clients, building strong partnerships, or even finding a job at a company you admire. By the way, we're hiring!
And so many more!
Here’s a spotlight on a few conferences we’re sure will “make a splash” in digital water.
The top digital water conferences to attend in 2023
#1 – NEWWA Spring Conference
- Association: New England Water Works Association (NEWWA)
- Date: April 5-6, 2023
- Location: Worcester DCU Center, Worcester, MA
- Early-bird Registration Deadline: March 10th
A New England favorite, the 2023 NEWWA Spring Conference features several digital water-related sessions, including using business intelligence tools to support water lifecycle management and introducing cloud-based software to improve operational efficiencies. We also noticed a few digital-first resiliency related topics around implementing cybersecurity best practices and engaging the next generation of leaders
#2 – Texas Water 2023
- Association: Texas Section American Water Works Association and Water Environment Association of Texas
- Date: April 11th – 14th, 2023
- Location: George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston, TX
- Early-bird Registration Deadline: March 20th
This year’s TX Water conference will be their 27th year as the Largest Regional Water Conference in the U.S. for professionals in the water and wastewater industry. With carefully crafted technical sessions, you can learn about new tools and technology that solve problems and make your work easier. There are 195 leading-edge peer-reviewed abstracts that will be presented at the conference this year presented by the top experts in the industry on the most important issues facing water and wastewater professionals today.
#3 – ACE 2023
- Association: American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Date: June 11th – 14th, 2023
- Location: Enercare Centre, 100 Princes’ Blvd., Toronto, ON, Canada
- Early-bird Registration Deadline: April 21st
The AWWA Annual Conference & Exposition or ACE23 is a premiere water industry conference that will also provide a hybrid format this year, as a live event and streaming of the most important sessions. Several pre-conference workshops will cover digital water topics such as asset management and utility security best practices. Additional sessions will highlight digital twins, reporting sewer overflows, and lead and copper rule revision inventory ideas.
#4 – WEFTEC 2023
- Association: Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- Date: October 8-12, 2022
- Location: The Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, LA
- Early-bird Registration Deadline: Registration not open yet
Rounding out the list is the Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference or WEFTEC 2022, the world’s largest and likely longest-running water conference. WEFTEC will highlight several digital water sessions, including the Innovation Pavilion showcasing trends in the future of water. While the full program isn’t finalized just yet, WEFTEC 2022 will surely be a hit.
Meet the Trinnex team at this year’s conferences
Several Trinnex team members will attend the conferences mentioned above. You can find where to spot us and when on our events page. We’re available to discuss the latest digital water trends, from implementing digital twin technology to evaluating Lead & Copper Rule compliance software. Reach out today to learn more.